BFIRST Medical Student Committee Objectives:
- Community: To build a vibrant network of medical students interested in global plastic and reconstructive surgery, starting from across the UK.
- Education and awareness: To promote a safe, responsible and professional culture in delivering global reconstructive surgery, utilising trainees at all stages of training and different forms of media.
- Sustainability: To highlight the future of global reconstructive surgery as the development of sustainable practices, such as local training and capacity building; including, BFIRST’s work in fundraising, resource allocation and research.
BFIRST Medical Student Committee
The committee is for medical students who are passionate about championing the objectives and values of BFIRST MSC and the wider BFIRST community. The individual posts are selected per annum, with roles advertised at the end of the year. Joining as a committee member is a great opportunity to get more involved in the activities and events held by the organisation.
- Deevyesh Sunder Bala Sundaram
- Maria Magdalena Segura Arderiu
- Sydney Lee Anthony Barnes
Social Media Lead
Student Representative Coordinator
- Luke Mattey
- Ellisa Baggott
Students at any stage of their medical degree and at any university in the UK are welcome and encouraged to get involved in BFIRST MSC. The best way to get in touch would be through our email email@example.com. Signing up for our student mailing list would also help notify you of any events that are in the works!
Join our mailing list
Regional Student Representatives
We have a strong network of Regional Leads who champion the objectives of BFIRST MSC. To find out more information about local events and how to get involved as a medical student, please contact our social media or your local university representative.
Where to find us
Our social media: https://linktr.ee/BFIRSTmsc
Resources for Students
- BAPRAS Student Bursary
- BSSH Medical Student Elective Bursary
- Scar Free Foundation/BSSH/BBA Elective Award
- BSSH Pulvertaft Prize Essay
- BSSH Educational Video Presentation Prize
- BAPRAS Congress 2022 ‘Together’
- PLASTA Winter Congress
- EURAPS Annual Meeting
- BAAPS annual conference
- 75th World Health Assembly side-event by Global Surgery Foundation
- International Conference on Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery 2022
- Association of Academic Global Surgery
- Global Anaesthesia, Surgery, and Obstetric Collaboration UK